Ultrasound imaging (sonography) is a common and painless imaging modality using sound waves to produce images of the body’s internal structures. It is often used to help identify the causes of pain, swelling, and infection. Ultrasounds are safe, noninvasive, and do not use ionizing radiation.
Our team of certified professionals is here to help you understand more about screening services in Bend, Oregon. To learn more about the benefits and risks of ultrasound imaging in Bend, Oregon, how to prepare, and more, please call our office.
- 3D Ultrasound
- Abdominal Ultrasound
- Breast Ultrasound
- Gynecological/Pelvic Ultrasound
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Obstetrical Ultrasound
- Soft Tissue Ultrasound
- Testicular & Scrotal Ultrasound
- Thyroid Ultrasound
- Ultrasound Biopsies
- Ultrasound Cyst Aspiration
- Ultrasound Fine Needle Aspiration
- Vascular Ultrasound – Including Venous & Arterial
About Ultrasound Imaging
Ultrasound imaging is frequently used to help diagnose pain, swelling and infection. It may also be used to provide imaging guidance to needle biopsies or to see and evaluate conditions related to blood flow. Sonography is useful for examining many of the body’s internal organs, including the heart, liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, kidneys, bladder, blood vessels and pelvic anatomy.
Ultrasound imaging can also be used to examine a baby in the womb, and the brain and hips in infants. Because ultrasound images are captured in real-time, they can show movement of internal tissues and organs and enable physicians to see blood flow and heart valve functions. Millions of parents see the first picture of their unborn child with an ultrasound image.
American College of Radiology – Ultrasound Accredited Facility
Preparing for Your Positron Ultrasound Imaging Procedure
- Be prepared to provide information about your overall health and any allergies you may have.
- Bring a list of all medications you are taking, including prescribed medications, over the counter medications, herbs, and supplements.
- For an optimal exam, be sure to follow any exam prep instructions we give you regarding diet or fluid intake.